8.19.2010

Good Day

Today has been a great day, and it's hardly started! I was able to keep up with my brother today at the Wellness Center, obviously with lighter weights, haha. It was so good to be back in that atmosphere where I just get excited to exercise.

We then went on to eat a spaghetti casserole that was given by a family friend during my mother's recovery. Always keeping your portions to the right size is what is important. This usually is my problem when eating. I love how the food tastes and just want to eat as much as I can. So...today I had a reasonable sized portion and I feel great!

One good workout exercise I learned today is a good one and I want to share! You take a weight (we used a round weight that goes on a barbell) and hold it straight out in front of you using both hands. Then you make 10 squares with that weight trying to keep your arms straight out in front of you and not letting your elbows bend much or become closer to your body. Break after those 10 squares. Next do the same thing but only move your arms in a circle motion. Next try a triangle. It really works the shoulders and I also could feel it in my core a little bit. It feels great! Try it during your next workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment